How to Be Food Safe eGuide
Is your food safe for your customers?
To ensure that the food you are selling is safe for your customers, it is necessary to put food hygiene and safety management procedures in place, so it is essential that you and your staff understand and comply with the food hygiene and safety standards.
This eGuide is not textbook theory, it is user friendly with lots of examples, case studies, tips and activities.
‘How to Be Food Safe eGuide covers:
- Environmental Rules & Regulations…how to comply.
- Food Poisoning and Food Spoilage Bacteria…understand the difference.
- Rules for Preventing Cross-Contamination…understand the rules.
- Four Hour/Two-Hour Guide…what is meant by the four-hour/two-hour guide.
- Food Handling...the correct personal hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Purchasing and Receiving…check that the food you purchase and receive is safe.
- Dry/Cold/Freezing/Storage/Thawing/ Preparation/Cooking/Cooling/ Reheating and Hot Holding…know the safe methods.
- Allergens, Food Packaging/Labelling and Transporting Food…ways to control and monitor these areas.
- Cleaning and Sanitising of Premises and Equipment…create a cleaning schedule.
- Pest Control…how to control pests.Training…ways to develop and train staff.
- Risk Assessment…the five main areas when carrying out a risk assessment.